I just sent 3 kids off to college, and I saved a bit of money, a lot of time, and found items that were in trend, built to last, and my kids liked them..How did I make that happen?
Last week I was invited with some other Chicago mom bloggers to preview a T.J. Maxx & Marshalls Back-to-School fashion show. Author, Blogger, and Fashion expert Audrey McClelland of http://momgenerations.com/ and http://gettinggorgeousevents.com/ Audrey has worked with T.J. Maxx for over three years as a spokesperson and was on hand to give us some shopping tips for back to school. Some of the fashions and some of Audreys tips…
Here are some of the latest trends to have in their wardrobe as they head back to school this year:
From sweater tunics and legging sets to more sophisticated denim ensembles, little girls will flaunt their individual style with some of the following trends:
- Tops: Long and short sleeve tops in stripes and two-fer styles; some will even come with attached necklaces.
- Sweaters: Sweaters and sweater dresses with cowl necks, belts, hoods and dolman sleeves.
- Jeans: Skinny and bootleg jeans in dark washes with belts, back pocket detail and embellished legs.
- Outerwear: Hooded fleece, pleather jackets, brightly colored trench coats and double breasted pea coats.
T.J. Maxx also has scouts shopping for new items 40 weeks during the year to keep inventory fresh.
- 10,000 items arrive in T.J. Maxx stores each week Size: There is tremendous buying power behind two national chains. T.J. Maxx has more than 950 stores in the US. Marshalls has more than 870 stores in the US and Puerto Rico.
- Buying closer to need: Traveling 40+ weeks per year to negotiate with more than 14,000 vendors in over 60 countries (vs. department stores who buy seasonally) offers more opportunity to score great deals.
I found great dorm items, lot’s of kitchen gadgets for my son living in Brooklyn, and was thrilled with the selection of clothes that are hot now, and my kids liked them. So take a look at T.J. Maxx is so much more than just the run of the mill (mall) items. Save Time, Money, and happy kids all in one store shopping trip…I’m happy
Tonight on Twitter, you can join the discussion with Marshalls and T.J.Maxx they are having a Back to School Twitter party tomorrow, August 25th from 8 -9 p.m. EST join them for a chance to win $50 gift cards! You can find us using the #MarshallsTJMaxx hashtag.
- The hottest trends and must-have looks for students this school year – and how to find them up to 60 percent less than department or specialty store prices
- How to cut back on multi-store trips and find key essentials and supplies under just one roof
- Tips and tricks styling kids to earn that “best dressed” designation in the hall!
I was so honored to have been invited to take part of the 2011 International Home + Housewares Show. The show runs from Sunday – Tuesday March 6-8 at McCormick Place in Chicago. This year I’m attending as a guest and a member of the media.
For the next few days, I will be spending time on the showroom floor talking to retailers about how they can start using some of the tools of social media to build their business, but I will also be looking for some fun new products to review…I have a list and I’m ready to hit the floor..but I wanted to take a look back at one of my first product reviews..The Ped Egg
…and below are some new products I can’t wait to see..
Introducing clothes and GO! A unique patent pending solution for moving and storing clothing on hangers. Clothes are removed from the closet on hangers, placed in the clothes and GO bag and then easily carried to your vehicle. clothes and GO eliminates traditional moving boxes and hanging rods taking a fraction of the time to move. Perfect for travel by car–college, moving, v…
Living in today’s digital world, means not only remembering to take your wallet and keys, but also your chargers, ear buds, cell phone and more. Yeah, staying organized is not easy – until now. Cocoon’s Grid-It!; Organizer provides the most versatile organization solution for digital devices, personal objects, cosmetics, household items and more. • GRID-IT!; organization system &n… Read More
The perfect solution for reusing and recycling hangers! Take extra hangers off the rod and store them neatly in your Hanger Hamper, then return extras to your dry cleaner.www.HangerHamper-retail.com
Any from http://www.asseenontv.com/